Ecommerce business is becoming competitive day by day. Due to the increase in customer base daily and many shoppers now preferring online shopping, the future of retail business will be virtual shopping. Every day there are new eCommerce platforms which come into business selling a different range of product. Even having a unique idea of product selling is not the security that business will survive. Because eCommerce business is not limited to developing the e-platform and sourcing some items. The most difficult of this business is order fulfilment. If your customers are unable to get their order on time or if they get the order but a wrong product. This will lead to switching of the customer to another platform which can ensure the accurate delivery. The success of eCommerce business is majorly dependent on eCommerce order fulfilment.
In ecommerce order fulfilment, the party have to store the inventory, pick the items as per order, packaging and delivery to the right address. So, if you have a very interactive user interface of your e-platform and easy payment methods but in the end, if the right order is not delivered. All the cycle will be disturbed, and sale will be lost. Instead of earning money, the company will be paying more in claims. Following steps must be taken to have highest eCommerce order fulfilment;
1. Hire well-reputed third-party logistics company. 3PL will be doing half of your job. Even you can also add warehousing and picking in their contract. They will be picking the stock, packaging it and delivering it to the right customers. The contract must be drafted in the way that will cover all the service level factors included in order fulfilment. To gain more ideas about this order fulfilment you can see this page in such reliable information.
2. The communication between the eCommerce company, 3PL and customers should fast and visible to all stakeholders. This will help to keep live tracking of the order. In case of any complaints from customers, rectification can be done quickly. Many companies now provide live tracking of the order to customers also, this will increase the customer’s trust in your system.
3. Close supervision should be done by the eCommerce company to keep track of all the activities of the order cycle. In the end, this is the responsibility of the eCommerce company to deliver the product to their customers. They must be vigilant and keep good follow up with their 3PL partner for timely delivery of the order.
4. Customer feedback is very important. This will keep updated about the condition of order received and also about delivery time. When customer will know that the company will take action on their feedback then it will help to gain customer trust for future orders.
5. Always spend on your staff training. Ecommerce business is dependent on accuracy and time. This can be achieved if you will have qualified and trained staff in all function of your business. This is not limited to an in-house function but also for outsourced ones.